Welcome to Cavanagh Altar Bread
Cavanagh Company is a wholesale bakery producing communion wafers for many religious denominations both domestically and internationally. Cavanagh Company offers by far, the finest altar bread in quality and packaging. For over 60 years, we have proudly provided quality altar bread to countries all over the globe. All breads have a carefully molded sealed edge which prevents crumbs and are sealed minutes after baking. The communion wafers that we make are made of only pure wheat flour and water and are made strictly without additives. Cavanagh breads are produced in the United States in an exceptionally clean and modern automated facility. Throughout the entire production process the breads remain untouched by human hands. Cavanagh packaging is far superior to all other forms and includes cellophane rolls in boxes, barrier film bags, and hermetically sealed plastic containers.
- Made of pure wheat flour and water without additives
- Baked and packaged in our secure facility in Greenville, Rhode Island
- Bakery subject to inspection by the Federal Food and Drug Administration and the Rhode Island Department of Health
- Over 60 years serving the religious community
- All breads are baked and packaged minutes after baking and are untouched by human hands
- All breads have a carefully molded and sealed edge which prevents crumbs
*****Low Gluten and Gluten Free Altar Bread are available for sale*****
We have received approval from the United States Council of Catholic Bishops to bake and supply our Church Goods Dealers and Convents with Low Gluten Altar Bread. Cavanagh Company Low Gluten Altar Bread is valid matter for use in the Catholic Eucharist according to the Catholic Church's canonical requirments. The gluten content of our Low Gluten Altar Bread is under 20 parts per million.
For more information regarding Bread for the Catholic mass, please click here: